Sunday, September 20, 2009

Homework and Last Thursday

Hokay so, there some pictures coming up in a few sentences here, just bear with me here. Now after reading this you will see the pictures. That is unless you looked ahead. If you did, shame on you. You you look at your Christmas presents before you open them? Seriously.


This is the shell from one angle. Careful not to trip over the amount of angle this picture can emit.

HERE'S ANOTHER ANGLE! The shell really doesn't have anoy other shape than "round" so I did a second line of contour to get more shape out of it. I'm glad polygons exist, they make the third dimension possible in video games. To be frank, I'd like to do a close up of the spiral top, but unfortunately it requires a Field Ion Microscope to see it.



YOWZA, all these angles are giving me a headache. I think if there were a few more degrees to this one my brain would overload and blood would spray out of my ears like a fire hydrant. I did all of these in Conte. I really don't feel as though I have a whole lot of control over conte so it feels really weird using it. So lines of value look sort of extreme when they blend. I have no idea how long it will take me to get the hang of it.

Funny story, I was at Mall of America and there was a kiosk selling hermit crabs with painted shells. If those crabs knew that they were advertising for Sponge Bob Square Pants, would they still have went into those shells? Probably, crabs seem like the apathetic type, especially if they're hermits.


Here's the last image I did for the homework. You will notice that it is in fact a human hand and not a shell. I did this in charcoal because the resonating foul language in my room cause by my failure with conte demanded that relax and try something else. If you count four up from the bottom, the fourth like is a total muck up. I probably should have attempted to erased via eraser or photo shop. But if my brain is to stop making mistakes like that it must be punished for continuing doing such things. So I left it on there so I can writhe and gag at my mistake so that I will remember to never do that again.



This is from last Thursday, it's nothing to shout about.

This too is nothing to shout about. If you do shout about it, do stand in the corner.


I am disappointed in myself on this one. I'm so angry at it I wanna spit. I didn't get nearly as much shape out of it as I wanted. How can I prevent such cataclysmic failures of drawing roadkill in the future? I'll need bigger paper. Paper big enough to make an origami parachute with... wait that's not a bad idea. Hold on I'll be right back.


Wow, don't try and use an origami parachute EVER. It all ends in tears. Don't even send that one in to Mythbusters. Seriously, you'd think that the first thing that happens is that it would rip in half or something. No, first it sets on fire, than it rips in half, THAN you fall on the elderly person. Now where was I on this... OH right, during a break or something I got bored and drew a manikin torso or whatever. It was lonely and begged to be drawn... drew... drawed... drawded.

Hey did you know that the earth and the planets don't actually orbit the sun, they all (including the sun) orbits a center of gravity. So the sun is actually orbiting on this really really small path. This is how they find exoplanets as stars that have bigger planets orbiting closer to it causes that wobble to to be even more significant. As that star moves away from the earth, it's light wavelength gets wider and we detect a blue light, as it moves towards the earth the wavelength get s shorter it creates a red light. This change in Blue and Red means that that star must be wobbling, and that means there is a planet there. So astronomers point a telescope like the VLT at that star until a silhouette of a planet passes over it. The first planets that were discovered were hot Jupiters that were about as close to it's star as mercury. This baffled astronomers because in order for a gas giant to form, it needs to be in a below freezing zone. This completely changed the perspective on how solar systems form.

So what does this have to do with drawing. Well nothing really, I just wanted to make it look like I wrote allot of relevant material. But hey, if you didn't read past "hey did you know that the" you'd still be fooled. But therein by writing this, I have voided everything I had attempted. That is unless you didn't read this paragraph as well. But you know what's going on here that means you probably did read this paragraph and I have voided my attempts once more. Maybe I should just shut my mouth before I fall further behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment